Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC's subtitles appearing in a wayward area of the screen

My instance of an NPC character's subtitles appear on the other side of the screen to the NPC in certain scenes. Upon returning to the Control Room for a cutscene later in the game, the NC's subtitles are not above his head but instead miles away. The NPC has been in the scene before, with no trouble to his subtitles. But it is only later when this occurs. Then when my NPC is featured in the start screen later later on, they are again on he other side of the screen. But this time, it is the first time the NPC features in the start screen even though the player has visisted this scene before.

Any idea why or how to easily reset it in an action list?

Please see screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysziigs8v60bq75/Screen%20Shot%202018-06-26%20at%2010.36.00.png?dl=0

Comments

• Which NPC in the screenshot is actually the one speaking?

So to be clear: this only occurs if it's not the first time the character has appeared in a scene?  If this same Cutscene is played immediately when the game begins, does the subtitle play correctly?

Please post screenshots of the Menu used to display his subtitles, as well as the full Inspector of the NPC.  Does he have a Speech menu placement child assigned?
  • The character below the subtitles is speaking, but sometimes his speech is all the way across the other side of the screen.

"this only occurs if it's not the first time the character has appeared in a scene?  If this same Cutscene is played immediately when the game begins, does the subtitle play correctly?" Correct.

All NPC's have a Speech Menu Placement Child assigned.

See screenshot of menu and full inspector of NPC.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8q822hu2vcep0pp/AABhOhYxgOL-QrxQS_Oyg1Lra?dl=0
  • So, where's the Speech menu placement child at this time?  Is it in the correct place (and the Menu is not), or is it in the wrong place and the Menu is technically correct?
  • I cannot check as I am playing in a build. I guess I will have to do a play through in game to find out
  • Was this ever resolved? I have a similar problem in my project, and would appreciate any help.

• This thread is too old now to be valid with the latest AC. Please open a new thread with details on the issue and how to recreate it.