Forum rules - please read before posting.

Actions play simultaneously not after one another

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
So I have 4 actions in an action list, 

play sample
move character long path
animate character
play sample (loop)

Each of these has "after running" set to continue. But once I hit play they all happen at once, For example long before the character has finished moving along his path, the looping sample is playing, and the characters animation has changed, these things should happen in order, when one finishes the next one starts. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding or doing something wrong? 

What im trying to achieve really is a character who can move along a path, stop to do something like stretch, then continue on another path. 

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Ive noticed if your trigger is set to run in background then you can have one action use "after running:skip to" - and skip to a pause action, which is almost what I need I guess, but this only goes up to 10 seconds. Also if I was to use this I would need to literally time my guys and see how long they took etc (this guy might walk for 3 mins before he gets to where I want him to do his next action), Im still assuming there must be a way to make things happen one after another. If not is there a way to make the wait time more than 10, and will it be consistent, like if Im running on a slow machine will the timings be somehow different or not?

Cheers! Having a lot of fun with AC!!! Will have a cool demo to show case very soon.
    Gaz.
  • Have you checked Pause until finish? on the path Action?
  • Haha, it worked, thanks!! Was up all night and didnt work that out lol :-)