Forum rules - please read before posting.

UI Inventory hover interactions

HI,

Through your wonderful help I now have an excellent UI interface not involving a right click - you hover over the hotspot, the options appear, you then click on the option or take cursor off the interface menu space to close the interface. But, I have an issue with my inventory with this new UI interface - I still have to right click to examine my items in the inventory. Plus, there are no interface options when i hover over my items in my inventory.

Therefore, how do allow my new UI interface to act the same with my inventory items as it does with hotspots? And if i create a new one, what are the steps needed to ensure my new interface works with it the same as it does my hotspots?

Thanks

James

Comments

• See the Manual's "Inventory interactions" chapter.

If you set your Inventory interactions field to Multiple, Inventory items will be treated like Hotspots in the way they are interacted with - allowing you to define multiple interactions per item, as opposed to a single-use/single-examine.
  • Ok thanks - 1. is it possible to somehow set the inventory to be context sensitive so the options just appear? 2. And if I create a USE actionlist from within the Inventory menu on a specific item, what commands would i put in the action list to ensure it can be picked up and used as a usual inventory object?
  • 1. What do you mean by that?  Single and Multiple are the only options.

2. An inventory item can be selected via the Inventory: Select Action.  However, if set to Multiple, you can get around this need by checking Select item if Interaction is unhandled?.  You can then create a new Use interaction in your Item's properties, and - if you don't assign an ActionList asset - it'll auto-select the item when the player tries to Use it.
  • Thanks. What I am aiming to do, if possible, is to miic the Broken Age inventory, where you drag the items from the inventory, and click once on them whilst in the inventory to examine them. Is this possible, or would I have to create a bespoke inventory, and if so, how would I go about this?

Thanks

James
  • Inventory interactions: Single
    Drag and drop Inventory interface? Checked
    Clicking an Item without dragging Examines it? Checked
  • I can’t seem to combine my inventory objects now however?
  • This has happened since updating to 1.64
  • edited July 2018
    @jamesfootlight it's a known problem with this release. Chris has issued a temporary fix (see Official News for details)
  • However, left click on inventory item doesn't look at the object anymore, even with new update
  • What are your inventory and interaction settings?
  • Apologies, this works now, you click your item in the inventory and upon letting go of click, it examines the item, which I assume is the dropping item on itself examines it action working?
  • That's the intended behaviour, yes.