Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitles don't work on the new computer

edited July 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

In my game I have subtitles and voice audio. In Settings manager I had turn on "Show subtitles?".
But if I open game build on the new computer, then will be no subtitles there. 

How to fix this issue?

AC 1.61.2

Comments

• You need to click "Reset options data", so that the option settings become the defaults.  Bear in mind that this will not affect PlayerPrefs already created - so it should work for a fresh build/computer, but you'll need to clear the PlayerPrefs to reset things if you've already run the game on a particular machine.
  • edited July 2018
    If I click "Reset options data" then  "Show subtitles?" turns Off. 
    How to set "Show subtitles?" ON by default?

Even I will turn on "Show subtitles?" after Reset options data and build the game and will send game.exe to the testers, they will have no subtitles.

• After "Reset options data" is clicked, the options then revert to their defaults (Subtitles = Off).

If you then enable Subtitles, that'll then make them appear on by default.

However, again - if PlayerPrefs data for that game already exists on a machine, it'll rely on their own Options data and not the game's default.

You can "reset" their own data by entering in a new Save filename at the top of the Settings Manager.  It will, however, prevent old save games from being loaded.

You can also have subtitles show at all times, regardless of the option setting, by checking Ignore 'Subtitles' option? in your Subtitles menu's properties.