Forum rules - please read before posting.

Journal Next/Previous buttons respond too quickly with touch

I've made a game using:
Movement Method = Direct
Input Method = Touchscreen
Interaction method = Context Sensitive

Touch-screen Settings
Moving touch drags cursor (n)
Direct Movement: Drag based
Activate Hotspots with double-tap (y)
Release touch to interact with pause Menus (n)

Everything works as expected but when I recently added a Journal with Next and Previous buttons to shift the pages, the pages rapidly flip when I tap the buttons (instead of flipping to the next page and stopping). This happens with just a very light tap on the screen, not a long press. Is there a way to slow down the speed or perhaps I've programmed something wrong???

My buttons are set up like this:

Click type: Offset Journal
Offset type: Shift Next
Cycle pages? (n)
Offset amount: 1
Only when effective? (y)

Comments

• Is the Menu rendered with Unity UI or with Adventure Creator?

If AC, then you should be able to control the required response time between taps/clicks by changing the "Click Delay" value in the PlayerInput component on the GameEngine object.

Otherwise, it may be worth switching to Unity UI, so that tap handling etc is handled via Unity's own EventSystem.
  • Since these buttons are in a Journal Menu, does the Click Delay setting need to be modified on each GameEngine object in ALL of my scenes or can I set it globally?
  • They're all linked to the GameEngine prefab in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Prefabs/Automatic.