Forum rules - please read before posting.

Object Visibility : Visible

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hello,

So i have a particle effect that i am trying to "ACTIVATE" when the player uses the hotspot.

Unfortunately, it does not activate the gameobject, but still runs the Interaction list for the hotspot, like it is skipping that action or something.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Currently the Object: Visibility Action only works for Sprite and Mesh Renderers, but I'll add support for Particle Renderers, too.  In the meantime, if you are using a Particle System, you can also attach the ParticleSwitch script to it, and then use the Object: Send message Action to turn it on and off.
  • UPDATE:

After testing, it seems that the Object: Visibility Action does indeed work for Particle Renderers.  Don't know why yours wouldn't be working, but I still recommend the use of the ParticleSwitch instead.
  • Hmmm, it seems that does not work either.
  • The ParticleSwitch method?  You'll need to use a Particle System component, rather than Particle Renderer (which is a legacy Unity system, I believe).