Forum rules - please read before posting.

Touch inventory-hotspot interaction in 1.64.1

Hey,

I recently upgraded from 1.64 to 1.64.1 and I got a question about the drag&drop inventory item to hotspot interaction.

Previously it was possible to both tap the inventory item and then tap the hotspot to use the item on the hotspot and also to drag and drop. These two interaction methods were quite handy.
The tap item and then hotspot method did only work on mobile and not in the editor. 
Now with 1.64.1 only drag and drops works. Is this intended functionality or did I miss a settings change?

here are my settings if they are of help

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @aondw.

Tapping inventory and Hotspots separately, while also being able to drag-and-drop, wasn't an intended behaviour.  If it's no longer working, it's likely that it was an unknown bug that's been fixed as a result of others also being addressed.

v1.64 was only available for a day before v1.64.1 - are you saying it was only behaving like that for that one release?

With your settings, tapping an item should result in it being selected and then de-selected all at once - since drag-and-drop assumes the tap be held.

It is, however, to dynamically alter the Drag and drop Inventory interface? property at runtime - so that dropping an item on itself disables drag-and-drop mode.  This can be done by use of custom events.  Something like this:

DynamicDragDrop.cs
    http://pasteall.org/1057360/csharp
  • Thanks for your reply!

I don't know if that behaviour was only present in that one release, I only really used the drag and drop inventory in that version. 

I think I'm just gonna stick to 1.64 for now then.

Thanks.