Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adding Scrollbars to the AC Journal??

edited August 2018 in Technical Q&A
Has anyone been able to add scrollbars to a Journal page?

I've followed the "Creating a diary system" in the tutorials section easily and I managed to create a scrolling text box by following tips on this Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWOvwegLDl0) but I can't seem to merge the two together. I'm stuck trying to link my text box (child of a UI panel) to the "Linked Text" field in my Journal menu.

I was able to add the prefab back into the scene and then link the Text Box that way. I am seeing the Recorded ConstantID, but when I chose GameObject-Apply Changes to Prefab, the Linked Text and Linked Button breaks once I switch scenes.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Sorry to be such a noob but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• What's your Menu's Source field set to, and are you removing the Canvas prefab from the scene after applying changes?  It will be spawned in automatically if set to Unity Ui Prefab.

Otherwise, let's see some screenshots of the Menu's properties, and the Text object in question, as well as your AC/Unity version numbers.
  • I'm not sure why it suddenly started working (maybe I wasn't updating the prefab properly) but it works now.

Unity 2018.1.1
    AC 1.64.0