Forum rules - please read before posting.

Ootii Motion Controller - Direct Control

Hello!

I was trying to integrate the Motion Controller from ootii and used the tutorial script, getting it to respond to navmesh/point-and-click input but is there an alteration necessary to the wikia script for it to work with direct control instead?

Comments

• From where, the tutorial?  I don't see a page on the wikia for it.

If you're not relying on AC's Point And Click control, then AC should only take control over that character during cutscenes - ootii's own direct control should be used otherwise.
  • Yes, sorry, the tutorial script.

When testing it with direct control I wasn't able to get the player to move at all. This is using just the Y-bot sample in the Navmesh demo scene referred to in the tutorial. No other changes to the scene or player prefab.

I configure the Y-bot player prefab according to the tutorial and it works with navmesh movment but when swapping to direct it simply walks by itself to the target on play.

Turning navmesh-based control on again allows me to control it of course. Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious here since I haven't used navmesh-based player movement much in Unity so far.

• The tutorial assumes that the Input Source is the Player's own "Nav Mesh Input Source" component, which is necessary for Motion Controller to pathfind.

For direct-control, you need to rely instead on the "Unity Input Source" component.  You can dynamically change between these two sources on the fly with some tweaks to the script: