Forum rules - please read before posting.

Mecanim, Mixamo & IK Head Turn

I saw a couple of previous threads that related to this but I haven't been able to fully nail down what the issue is.

My player is a humanoid rigged in Mixamo's auto-rigger and using Mixamo animations in Mecanim. When turning on the hotspot head look option and setting the IK pass, she turns to look then immediately snaps her head down and back into place when the hotspot loses focus. It's like a very violent nodding animation.

Anyone else had this problem and figured it out? Is it only Mixamo rigs that do this due to their neck/head bone setup?

Comments

• An issue does currently exist with IK-based head-turning in Unity 2018.  What version of AC/Unity are you using?  This issue will be addressed in the upcoming v1.65 update.
  • Thanks for the info! I'm using AC 1.64.5 and 2018.2.8f as of last week. And I see 2018.2.9 came out right after I installed 2018.2.8.

(On a side note regarding 2018, I upgraded again last week since I discovered a bug where 2018.2.5 was making Moveables/tracks (like the desk drawer tutorial) ignore their colliders.)

• Is that Moveable issue resolved with 2018.2.8/9?
  • Yes, it immediately worked on updating to 2018.2.8.

I noticed that if I switched collider's convex setting on and off again during runtime everything worked.

But by default, the moveables would simply fly past the colliders off into space.
  • Which script has the IK head fix on it? 
  • Char.cs - the latest update resolves the issue.