Forum rules - please read before posting.

Movement Method from PointAndClick to Direct, then back 2 PointAndClick losses all Y-axis control.

AC Game Edittor->Settings->Movement Method->PointAndClick (changed to Direct, and then back to PointAndClick ).

I just noticed when I changed a setting from "Point and Click" to "Keyboard control" (something like that), I could move the character around with WASD (sort of as expected, it didn't change direction but that's fine for now). However, when I changed it back to "Point and Click" it now seems to ignore the y axis altogether, and the character just moves on a straight vertical line.

[I should have saved everything in git so I could revert - but unfortunately I think I'll have to start over. Not a terrible loss - but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this "bug" too.  Not a big deal.]

Comments

• What are your Unity and AC version numbers, and are you making this change at runtime or in edit mode?

You're saying that the player moves in a straight line permanently, i.e. even after stopping and re-entering Play mode?  That shouldn't be the case even within the same Play mode instance.

I'm assuming you're referring to a 2D game, and I can't recreate such behaviour with the 2D Demo.  Can you test the 2D Demo on your end?  If not, it may be an issue specific to your project - but we'll need to know either way first.
  • I'm guessing this is one of those shrug your shoulders if you can't repro.  I'm running Unity 2018 maybe 1 or 2 versions from the latest.

2D game - change was done not in play mode and the problem persists even after stopping and re-entering play mode.

I still have that project tucked away - but in order to make progress I started over, this time using a git repository (which is of course the moral of the story) so I can always revert if something strange happens.
  • Without knowing more, I can't chalk it up as an AC error or one specific to your own project.  If it occurs again, however, please let me know details so that I can look into it.