Forum rules - please read before posting.

Mouse Cursor in Inventory (InteractionA > Select, InteractionB > Examine)

Hello,

I'm new in the forum and tried to find a solution for my problem here, but I couldn't find a similar question. So I started a new discussion. My set up & problem:

Set up:
  • Normal interaction in game: Left Mouse Button > "Use", Right Mouse Button > "Examine"
  • If no "Use" is available, then Left Mouse Button > "Examine"
  • Cursor is coming from "Use" action.
  • If no "Use" action, "Examine" cursor is used
  • All my inventory items have only a "Examine" action. No "Use" action.

Problem:

When I'm in the inventory, I need following behavior:
  • Left Mouse Button > Select Inventory Item (Works fine)
  • Right Mouse Button > "Examine" (Works fine)
  • Mouse Cursor > Special Cursor Icon (Use Cursor)  (Does not work)
The mouse cursor is always showing the "Examine" cursor, but I want it to be a grab/examine cursor (A special one).

How can I change the cursor in the inventory?

I already tried to define the "Use" action for the inventory item (and the use cursor), but then I'm loosing the "Select Item" behaviour. Of course, I could add a "Use" action on every inventory item and say "Select Item", but than I have to do it on EVERY inventory item and I have to define the cursor on every inventory item. Or is this really the only way?

Thanks and by the way: AC is a fantastic tool. I love it!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @circlesmiler.

I'll need to see your full Cursor Manager to be sure, but you should be able to achieve this:
    1. Go to the Cursor Manager, and uncheck Change when over Inventory items too? under the "Inventory icons" panel
    2. Go to the Menu Manager, find the InventoryBox element in your Inventory menu, and check Change cursor when over?.  You'll then be able to choose the exact icon that it the mouse uses.
  • Hello Chris,

that's exactly what I was looking for. I searched so long for this preferences, but I missed the option in the inventory box (menu) completely.

Thank you very much. And again: You provide a great framework for creating adventure games. It helps so much for a very fair prize.

Thank you.
    André