Forum rules - please read before posting.

Disabling menu "on input" toggle key during save menu?

I'm using Space key to pause the game, and it causes problems when typing names for the save menu. Is there a simple way in AC to lock the pause menu when the save menu is active, then unlock it when the save menu is closed?

Comments

• Instead of mapping your Menu's On input key field to the space key, switch to use of an Active Input to toggle the Menu on/off using Menu: Change state Action.

You can then use the Input: Toggle active Action to temporarily disable use of the Active Input when entering text.
  • edited January 2019

Would the best practice to be using an AC global to control the pause state, or is there alternative? I tried making two separate active inputs for PauseOn and PauseOff and limiting PauseOn to normal gameplay and PauseOff for paused, but as I expected, it immediately pauses and unpauses in the same loop.

EDIT: I got it working by having a pair of active inputs for pauseOn and pauseOff, with pauseOff being disabled by default and an actionlist when pause menu is on enabling pauseOff. Strangely enough, pauseOff's active input doesn't need toggling off by the menu's action-off list, and in fact it worked briefly with the toggle list disabled, which leads me to think some kind of latency is continuing to happen between frames when the active input is toggled on by the pause menu. I've added a safety turn off pauseOff when turning the menu off in the pause menu's action-off list.