Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trigger error

edited October 2018 in Engine development
Hello. When entering the trigger particle animation does not start. How to fix the error?
https://ibb.co/hVw6YL

Comments

• In which AC version?

Make sure your Player has either a Rigidbody and Collider, or a Character Controller - it will not react to triggers otherwise.  You can test that the Trigger is actually running by inserting a Dialogue: Play speech Action to see if speech appears when passing through it.

You haven't given any information about the object you're trying to affect.  A particle system doesn't work with the Object: Set visibility Action.  Instead, you probably want to use the Object: Send message Action with the Particle Switch component.  See the Manual's "Particle Switch" chapter for more.
  • AdventureCreator version 1.62.6. On the player there are Rigidbody, Collider and Character Controller, but still the trigger does not work. I also tried to insert a dialogue with Play speech and the trigger works. Object type: Send message does not work with a trigger either. My Particle System consists of a GameObject inside this object and there is a Particle.
    https://ibb.co/i88M7f

• edited November 2018
    You shouldn't have all three components - either a Rigidbody and a Collider, or a Character Controller, which acts as both in one.

Your GameObject is deactivated, so it won't respond to anything.

Your message must be sent to an activated GameObject with both a Particle Switch component and a Particle System on it.  When you send the "Turn On" message, it'll turn the particle system on until you turn it off.  When you send "Interact", it'll run once.
  • But I need the GameObject to be enabled by trigger. By default, the GameObject must be deactivated and activated by a trigger. How can I fix the error?
  • Why must the GameObject be disabled?  There's no need for that with the Particicle System - just uncheck "Play On Awake".

A custom script can be written if you need it disabled for some other reason.  The Object: Send message / Object: Call event Actions can also be used to trigger functions in custom scripts.