Forum rules - please read before posting.

Autosave when quitting - possible when quitting during cutscenes?

So I know that saving is not possible when a cutscene is active. For my game, I've set up a system where the game autosaves when quitting (on exiting, the player is asked "save and quit to desktop?" yes= saves and quits, no=returns to game)

This works well when exploring freely, but hangs the game up on the autosave action if someone tries to quit mid-cutscene, and the game doesn't quit. Is there any way to at least automatically bypass the autosave action/ ignore it and continue to quit the game without doing the autosave in case someone quits during a cutscene, rather than getting the game stuck on that action?

Comments

• In which AC/Unity versions? If saving isn't possible, it shouldn't cause a hang. Are you using the Save: Save or load Action.

You can, however, determine if saving is possible at any given moment via the Save: Check Action.

• Ah yes, the Save: Check action solves my issue, thanks! Should've looked harder.
    By hang I meant the autosave action remains highlighted in green, while the game becomes unpaused (even though the menu still remains up) A bit complicated to explain :)

No worries though, the workaround works perfectly.

• Could be a bug, all the same - I'll look into it, thanks for posting.

• No problem! Let me know if you need any more details regarding the issue

• No need, thanks. Recreated - will be addressed in v1.66.