Forum rules - please read before posting.

Create ActionList button not working

What controls the action list create buttons in the game managers? I ported a version of my project to a virtual server recently, and now the create actionlist buttons will not work, I think some of the build may have been corrupted and my not have transferred across.

Comments

• Ok, so I just restarted the entire project and lost quite a lot of work to try and solve this problem. And the actionlist create still does not work.

• Sorry for the trouble. What are your AC and Unity versions?

It may be that the use of a virtual server causes a problem with the auto-create feature - if it was working before the port.

The code to do the auto-creation is in the CustomAssetUtility script's CreateAsset function - it's using Unity's provided AssetDatabase API, so it may well be that this is an issue with Unity itself.

Do bear in mind that the "Create" button is a convenience feature - you can always create ActionList assets via the Project window and assign them in the Manager fields manually.

• edited December 2018

Thanks!

I don't really want to mess around with the files as that could break the entire build. I can work well without the create feature. The files all seem to be in the right place in my new build, though. I'll check my version of Unity at a later date.

As far as I am aware, my version of Unity is the most up to date one as I installed it on the VM a few days ago.