Forum rules - please read before posting.

UI at run time, looks scaled. Compared to the prefab

I have just started using AC tool, which seriously is a master piece and trying to learn all the features of this plugin by watching the video tutorials. I have come up with a snag while doing so.

I doing the Make 3D game tutorial, after importing the interactive UI walking dead style and setting the manager assets and adding all the references as shown in the tutorial, my new interative UI resolution/scale seems weird. When I drag and drop the prefab its fine but when I run it in the game i looks weird.

This is the image of prefab dragged and dropped!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjejzayrcd7hrrc/WalkingDeadStyle_prefab.PNG?dl=0

This is the image of the UI at run time
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2qxjjticwio2jc/WalkingDeadStyle_atRunTime.png?dl=0

This is the Image of the prefab and the UI at run time to show the difference
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcxt0nd1uiqsz0p/WalkingDeadStyle_prefabAndRunTImeUI.png?dl=0

I did try to make some changes with the prefab but that just screwed up the behaviour of the hotspot interactibles.

my unity version is 2018.3.1f1

Thanks in advance, any help will be appreciated. I want to better understand how the UI works so that when I start working on my own game. I will be able to solve such bumps myself.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @DevJeeth.

Are you referring to the size of the icons? The size of the ring looks the same to me.

Be aware that the icons are actually set to animate (scale up in size) when the mouse hovers over them. Are they enlarging to the prefab's size when you select an icon?

The animation occurs via animation frames - see in the Cursor Manager that each of the icons has a six-frame texture, with setting beneath to control the animation playback. To remove this animation, uncheck Animate? beneath the texture, and replace the texture with a single-frame image.

• @ChrisIceBox , you were right after unchecking the animation it worked. But what if i need it to animate from actual size instead of small to regular size, should I work around with offset values.

• edited January 2019

Thanks for responding so quickly @ChrisIceBox

• Animate in what way? If you want to scale up all of the frames, you can just increase the size of the Canvas's GameObjects that contain the associated Image components.

Alternatively, if you uncheck Animate? in a cursor's properties, then Unity UI won't refer to the icon at all for its display - meaning you can control how it appears and/or animates when the mouse hovers over it entirely by configuring the Image component and using Unity's provided UI/Animator system.

• Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Great Asset. Keep it going. We really appreciate your work and support.