Forum rules - please read before posting.

Visible markers in run time and compiled game

Hi there,

I have a lot of markers, distributed among the main scene. My problem is that a good number of them (not all) are not hidden when I'm in play mode in the editor, nor in the compiled game.

I can't find any differences between the objects that getting hidden and the ones getting shown.

This is hidden...:

...and this is not:

The only difference I see is the Constant ID and the fact that one is a second level object in the Hierarchy inside a root level object (the Player object), and the other is a third level object inside a second level NPC object, which is inside a root NPCs container object.

In fact... does Markers need a Constant ID at all? I don't need their position to be saved because they're effectively static.

Anyway, what I find weird is that some are hidden and others are not. How should I proceed here?

Thank you.

Comments

• Note: I have Unity 5.6.6f2 and AC 1.60.7.

Also, I've hit the 'Off' Markers visibility button on the Scene Settings, then 'On' again, and it seemed to solve the issue with most markers, but some are still showing, even after leaving the setting to 'Off' and entering play mode.

• Ok, I've found the culprit...:

That "Affect children" checkbox was messing around. ^_^

My only remaining doubt is, are those "Remember Transform" and "Remember Visibility" really needed if "Remember NPC" is also in the object?

• My only remaining doubt is, are those "Remember Transform" and "Remember Visibility" really needed if "Remember NPC" is also in the object?

It depends on what data you wish to save. Remember NPC will store position/rotation data, so you shouldn't need Remember Transform also, unless you spawn him in at runtime or something. There shouldn't be a conflict with Remember Visibility, however.

• Great, thank you! The simpler the better. :-)