Forum rules - please read before posting.

Game Camera 2d Follow Cursor questions

Hi all,
I'm new to AC coming from AGS. I've been through Chris' Creating a 2d Game tutorial, which was great, and I'm now getting my own scene set up.

I've just added a NavCam, zoomed in a little on my scene bg and have set the camera to Follow Cursor. The constrant for x and y axis are working well, however if the cursor moves to any corner it bypasses the constrants and the player can see outside the scene. How can I constrant for the corners as well?

My other question is how to change the speed of said camera?

Big thanks and I'm looking forward to getting more involved with this community.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @JackAnimated.

How can I constrant for the corners as well?

I'm unsure of what you mean. Are you referring to the contraints of the cursor influence, or the constraints of the camera's position? If you can post an imgur screenshot of your camera's Inspector, and of the issue occuring, that'd be great.

how to change the speed of said camera?

Currently this is fixed, however I will consider exposing this as an editable field.

• Sure,

Hopefully this will demonstrate what I'm talking about.

https://imgur.com/WWMdHQU

• So you're saying it goes out-of-bounds when you move the cursor into the corner? If you then move to the lower edge, does it then jump up?

I can't recreate such behaviour in the 2D Demo. Are you able to modify the 2D Demo's NavCam camera to get the same effect? If so, please share steps on how I might reproduce the problem.

• Yes, exactly.

So I have set it up so that the camera follows the cursor and there is no onscreen player.

I would try to set that up again in the 2d demo but I'm a total beginner and it took me a day to find the info on how to do that. I don't know how I did it tbh.

If you change the 2d demo so the navcam follows the cursor and not the player what happens then?

• Fixed my issue.

I disabled constrains altogether and just limited the panning. This works better for a setup where the camera follows the cursor.

https://imgur.com/a/RaIV0cm

• edited February 2019

I would try to set that up again in the 2d demo but I'm a total beginner and it took me a day to find the info on how to do that.

Both of the demo games can be loaded via the top toolbar, under Adventure Creator -> Getting started. See the Manual's "Running the demo games" chapter for more.

Fixed my issue.

Glad to hear it. The ability to control how fast the camera follows the cursor will be included in the next release.

• I meant I couldn't remember how I got the camera to follow the cursor and make the camera move with it.

Anyway, glad to hear you'll add the camera speed slider in. How often do you release new revisions?

• It varies, but the next should be out soon.