Forum rules - please read before posting.

A simple question about resolution

I have my project default screen resolution set to 1920 x 1080. In my scene I have a background image of the the same resolution. My camera is slightly zoomed in to that image.

Am I right in thinking that the camera bounds (however I set them in terms of zoom) is actually displaying that default resolution, and so the bg image is no longer displaying at 1920 x 1080 since the camera is zoomed in a little? So the bg image would now be slightly pixelated?

Comments

• Your game resolution will be fixed, but if you're zoomed in then yes - there won't be a 1:1 pixel ratio between the screen and the background.

• Thanks. That brings me to a related question;

Independent of a camera, does resizing a sprite within Unity affect its resolution? Meaning does Unity resample the image when resizing it in Unity?

• I don't believe so - resampling occurs when you change the import resolution in the sprite Inspector.

Technical questions about Unity are best asked on the Unity forums, however.