Forum rules - please read before posting.

hotspots with opsive third person controller

Hi, I have AC working with opsive UCC but how do you get hotspots working with the controller because when I click on hotspot it does nothing. How to get it to switch to a camera then switch back to gameplay and also the player constrain action doesn't seem to work with disabling movement. My main idea is to have it where the player can kill zombies using opsive controller but to use diary/journal and any interactions and combining with AC.

Comments

• You can only use UCC with direct controlled games right now. With a hotspot detector (and Interaction A input setup) you should be able to get interactions working though.

To switch cameras you need to put the camera controller component on another camera that also has the simple/basic camera component on it, and have this as your default scene camera. You can then switch to AC cameras with actions, then use the return to last gameplay? option to return back to the Opsive controlled camera.

The Player Constrain action doesn't work with UCC right now though, it's going to take more work on an integration script.

• how do you get hotspots working with the controller because when I click on hotspot it does nothing

How are you integrating the two? Let's see the script/method you're using to connect them, your full Player Inspector, Settings Manager, as well as your AC/Unity version numbers.

the player constrain action doesn't seem to work with disabling movement

This affects AC player movement - not a third-party asset. To disable UCC's movement, you'll need to affect UCC's "OnEnableGameplayInput" bool event - see that asset's documentation for more on that. If you place the code to do this in a C# script in your scene, you can call the public functions within that script with AC's Object: Send message or Object: Call event Actions.

• Coming back to this, I have it working in that I can disable input, but I cannot re-enable it again.

I have an empty game object in my scene called StopGameplayInput with a script on it of the same name. I can disable input with with this script (basically this) by using an Object:call event action and enabling the bool, then another action to disable.

You can actually see it turn off the component in the editor, and yet input control is not returned to the player. The only way I can get it working again is by pausing and unpausing... But then it won't disable again.

I have tried animating the "active" bool of the stop gameplay input, even removing the object altogether, but it doesn't work, so I think there's something I'm missing here.

https://imgur.com/a/ZGyWK3Z

• By input, are you referring to UCC's Input? You will need to contact Opsive for assistance on that end of things.