Forum rules - please read before posting.

Error when importing AC in an empty project.

edited March 2019 in Engine development

I have tried 2018.3.6 to 2018.3.3 and all of them give these same warnings and error.

EDIT: Tried importing it in 2018.2.20 but got this (I am guessing latest release is not compatible?):

Comments

• edited March 2019

Weirdly enough, on restarting the 2018.2.20, it continues the layer creations process and finishes adding the AC asset into the new project, without any errors.

Not sure what's going on, to be honest.

• Another test, in all Unity versions (checked on 2018.3.8), if I don't import the 3D demo, these errors & warnings don't show up.

• With 2018.3, the 3D Demo has been redone to make use of Timeline for its opening and closing cutscenes. These won't be included when importing into 2018.2.

Thank you for the details. It looks like the "Outro" Timeline asset is having trouble importing. I am not sure why, or if it's an issue with Unity instead of AC, but I shall look into it.

• edited March 2019

It seems like this is a duplicate of this reported issue, which unfortunately has been marked by Unity as postponed.

I have managed to recreate the error myself, however, and fortunately it appears to be cosmetic only. AC still succesfully runs, and the demo game appears to play correctly. Can you confirm this is the case for you?

The FBX warnings, too, can be ignored.

• Tried both demo games in 2018.3.8, they load and work fine without any errors.

If they are just cosmetic errors only, this shouldn't be a problem. Thanks. :)

• No problem. Actually I believe I've found the causes - expect them addressed in v1.67.