Forum rules - please read before posting.

v1.39 Installation error CS0246: The type or namespace name `NavigationEngine' could not be found.

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi!

I seem to be having trouble upgrading to AC v1.39, in that I'm getting the following compile errors after importing the latest files:

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Navigation/NavigationEngine_PolygonCollider.cs(24,49): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `NavigationEngine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Navigation/NavigationEngine_meshCollider.cs(22,46): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `NavigationEngine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Navigation/PlayerStart.cs(21,36): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Marker' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

The background here is that I've been away from Unity since July and I had just come back and wanted to start working with Dialogue System for Unity. 

Because Adventure Creator v1.33 was not working with Dialogue System for Unity third party support, I came here and learned I needed to update AC. So I first upgraded from Unity 4.3.4 to 4.6, and then removed AC v1.33 and imported v1.39 and now I am getting these errors.

It doesn't seem like anyone else has encountered this, so I'm at a loss to see what's off, though I'll start with this line here:

public class NavigationEngine_PolygonCollider : NavigationEngine

If anyone sees the obvious that I'm missing, I would be very grateful!

thanks!

Comments

• Okay, well, duh, it looks like for some reason my import hadn't imported all of the AC files for some reason, and the incomplete import hadn't brought in 'NavigationMesh.cs'.

Those error messages are gone now, and this issue is solved, but the moral is to look and see if the file is actually there, even after an import! :)
  • Strange that the import didn't complete.  Glad it's working though, and thanks for posting - could well help others in the future.