Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu button on screen cannot be clicked if subtitles are still scrolling

I have a button in the bottom left corner of the screen that's permanently visible throughout the game and opens up a pause menu when clicked. I've not used crossfade because it closes all open menus. Instead I've set the button click type to "run action list" and used a Menu: change state action that turns on the pause menu when the button is clicked. When the pause menu opens, it pauses the game.

The problem I'm having is that the button cannot be clicked if subtitles are still scrolling. All the text in my game is displayed by subtitles. They scroll, and clicking displays the currently scrolling text. If you click on the menu button, the game seems to register it as being clicked (as the button's click texture is displayed) but rather than opening the pause menu it just displays the currently scrolling subtitle text. It only actually opens the pause menu if there's no scrolling subtitles on the screen.

Any idea of how to solve this problem?

Comments

• What are your AC and Unity version numbers, and what is the Menu's Source set to?

Make sure that Clickable in cutscenes? is checked in the Menu's properties. Does it respond when in a cutscene that doesn't involve speech text, and is the speech text blocking gameplay?