Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is it possible to stop the player object being created in the scene hierarchy?

Unity ver: 2018.2.2f1
AC ver: 1.67.5

Hello,

I've a scene which is solely about showing a set of images as a form of intro. I set this up as an AC scene initially because I wanted to use Action Lists to control the flow and pace of the images.

When the scene is run however a player object is instantiated into the hierarchy which is producing undesired results. Is there a way to prevent AC from creating a player object in a scene?

Alternatively I'm wondering if such a intro scene would be better done outside of AC. Perhaps as a simple Unity UI + timeline.

Thanks!

Comments

• I've switched to Unity timelines which, I have to say, are amazing and are perfect for the type of introduction scene I'm doing.

Still curious about if it's possibe to prevent the player object being created on a per-scene basis though!

• If you place a Player character in the scene file, it'll override the default Player for the duration of that scene. That Player can just be a single GameObject with no associated graphics.

You can also do without the default Player in the Settings Manager, and rely on local Players for each scene - so that you can omit the need for an "empty" Player in the intro scene.

• @ChrisIceBox Thanks. That's really useful to know!