Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hidden Object Game

Hi, I am making a hidden object game similar to www.bigfish.com games, but I was wondering if there would be a way to have it where there is a camera within a camera like in this picture.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/6Br2iU7.jpg[/img]

Comments

• You're talking about a 2D game? If you only need to show a graphic (not much interactivity), you could create a Menu with a large Graphic element, and display the close-up as a single texture.

You could alternatively try making the close-up a separate scene file, and then adding that scene on top of the active one by way of the Scene: Add or remove Action. That would allow you to add Hotspots / Interactions etc - so long as you took care to position all the objects closer to the camera so that they appear above the main scene.

• No, I'm doing it in 3d because I don't have hidden object game assets to do it in 2d the way I want. I need the hotspots to be in the zoomed area as well. I did try with a menu but it didn't work because I need it to be interactive. Are you saying a scene within a scene because I still want the original scene shown then a second scene showing only zoomed in? I must admit I have never used Scene: Add or remove.

• Are you saying a scene within a scene because I still want the original scene shown then a second scene showing only zoomed in?

I was, but it likely wouldn't be appropriate for 3D. You would have to provide a more accurate example of what it is you're after, but - since you want the interactivity of 3D objects as well - it may be best to "cheat" things by way of switching to a separate scene completely - but having the background of the original scene.

• I tried this but the Scene: Add or Remove doesn't do the job I was hoping for. I can easily do camera switch but was hoping to 2 cameras at once. I did try dual rendering but AC turns off the camera that you aren't using so it won't work either. If it didn't turn off the camera component it would have worked but to get the graphics border I would have had to manipulate the menu to get it sitting right.

• How would you keep the background of the original scene?

• Through script, you could take a screenshot of the scene before the scene change, and overlay it as a texture in the new scene.

However, I will see about adding the ability to use an overlay in the Camera: Split-screen Action in v1.68.