Forum rules - please read before posting.

Feature request - ability to add sound fx directly to Unhandled interactions

In both Inventory manager and Inspector for Hotspots. I don't know if its only me, but I like to put a different sfx for each inventory item unhandled and for some of the hotspots unhandled. Not sure if this is common practice for others, but it would be really handy to be able to just drop the sfx right in there instead of creating a brand new action list to call a sfx for ever unhandled interaction.

Cheers.

Comments

• Is the SFX the only thing you want to have in the case of an unhandled event?

You can define "global" Hotspot/Inventory unhandled ActionLists in the Inventory Manager. Those you define on specific Hotspots and Inventory items are only necessary when you want something specific to that object.

• Yeah its all specific. Using different items from the player inventory on Unhandled interactions play different sounds depending on the item. A Saw makes a sawing sound whereas scissors make a snip sound.

Maybe it's not a common way to set things up for most, just seemed right for my game.

• It does sound unique to your own game. You could, however consider using events to play the correct audio through script, depending on what item was used.

See the OnHotspotInteract and OnInventoryCombine events in the Manual's "Interaction scripting" and "Inventory scripting" chapters respectively.