Forum rules - please read before posting.

Turning Object On/Off Affects Hotspot

So I have all of my objects as children of my background image. I have a journal that I bring up that you can interact with, and when I bring this onto the screen (it's not a child of the background), I send a message to the background to turn it and its children off. This turns off those hotspots, which is what I want.

When I'm done with the journal, I send a message to the background to turn it on, and all of its children. This reactivates the hotspots. Great, except that for many of the character objects, right about in their middle, the hotspot is not active. So if I hover over them, the top third is clickable, and the bottom third is clickable, but the middle third (or so) is not clickable. This happens on most characters, but not all.

I checked and it has nothing to to do with the journal, as I tested another method of turning the background object on and off, and the result was the same. As far as I can tell, these characters have the exact same settings.

Any idea why part of their hotspot would become not recognized when I turn them back on? This happens in all of my scenes.

Comments

• Looks like deleting the default circular collider fixed the issue.