Forum rules - please read before posting.

Editing Journal Pages?

I am using the journal feature to add text to a journal, but the issue I'm having is that the text needs to be dynamically generated.

For example, say there are five pieces of information I can gather for a character. When I go to their page, I only want it to show the information they have gathered thus far, and not show information they do not have yet.

I'd prefer to not have to make a multitude of journal pages (each possible permutation of the information I can be documenting. It'd be much easier to to just be able to call and then edit the information on a journal page. Is there a way to do this? I know that I can add a new journal page or skip to a specific journal page, but any other way to make these changes as the game progresses?

Comments

• @ChrisIceBox FYI, I tried a method of removing the old journal page (by page #) and then immediately adding a new page (at the index of the old page), but eventually the numbers stop aligning, so I can't consistently call the same page and expect the desired result (calling Page 2, for example, after deleting page 2 and adding a new page to index 1 [because I'm assuming Page 1 starts at index 0] will sometimes call the original Page 3).

• I found a workaround, which is to set the journal pages to read the variable, and just update the variable.

• That was going to be my suggestion, too. The [var:ID] text token can be used to insert a global String variable's value, which can then be set from a custom script.