Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dialogue Portrait not allowing lip-sync

Hi all,

I've followed all the instructions in this tutorial (https://adventurecreator.org/tutorials/adding-lip-syncing-character-portraits) but cannot figure out why its not working. I've defined all the speech settings and applied the texture to the character but all it does is display a flipped copy of the full texture without applying the lip-sync.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using unity 2018 1.1f and AC 1.67

Thanks

Comments

• Your screenshot shows the issue, but not what your settings are. Let's see images of your character's Inspector, Speech Manager, Phonemes Editor, as well as the Inspector of the texture.

Make sure that Read/write enabled is checked in the Texture's import settings, too.

How are you displaing this portrait graphic? In an AC or a Unity UI menu? If Unity UI, temporarily switch the Menu's Source back to Adventure Creator so that we can rule out this being UI-related.

Also, what is the result of disabling lipsyincing? It should be that the character cycles through each animation frame one-by-one. Is that the case with yours?

• Hey chris,

Read/Write is enabled and it is an AC menu. Here are my settings: https://imgur.com/a/d2xTpkJ

Turning off lipsyncing it cycles correctly but when turned back on it goes back to its old ways

Thanks for the help

• The "Lipsync data directory" field ought to be hidden when using speech text-based lipsyncing - I'll hide that field in the next release.

I cannot recreate your issue after copying these settings, however. I'll need to test with your files.

If you can create a .unitypackage containing your 8 Managers, the character as a prefab, and the texture asset, PM it to me and I'll see what I can find.

• No dramas chris, have pmed them to you.

• Thanks, I've recreated the issue.

I'll see this fixed for the next release, but you can make the necessary change manually by opening CursorIcon.cs and inserting the following at the top of the GetAnimatedRect (int _frameIndex) function (around line 669):

if (frameWidth < 0f && frameHeight < 0f)
    {
        Reset ();
    }

• Yup working great now chris, thanks!