Forum rules - please read before posting.

Characters without "limit to camera" set are not activating their hotspots

I'm not 100% if this is something I've just been unobservant about, or whether it's something that's changed, but characters with a hotspot component but no "limit to camera" set are always showing "Current State: Off" in their hotspot.

With a bit more testing, I've confirmed that this is limited to hotspots on characters, the ones that use their capsule collider; the cuboid scene hotspots are behaving themselves without a defined camera limit.

I am currently using 1.68

Comments

• Ooh, I think I've done a silly - could it be because I'm not using the "default" layer for the characters? We've been putting them on a different layer for real-time lighting.

• Yep, that sorted it. Moving the root object of the "character" to default, while keeping the child body-model object on the realtime lighting layer has sorted it out. Don't you just love it when people figure things out for themselves?

• edited June 2019

We've all done it :)

Yes, the Hotspot's "on" state is determined by its layer - with "Default" being On and "Ignore Raycast" being Off.

Do note that you can rely on different layers if need be - these are just the defaults, and can be changed in the Settings Manager.