Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unable to click drag inventory items in menu

Clicking on inventory items in the menu doesn't allow me to drag them around my screen which use to be the behavior. I'm early in prototyping my main project and have the basic inventory menu at the top of the screen using the AC Game Wizard to setup a 2d game. Menu >Inventory>Ignore Cursor clicks is unchecked. I did change Settings>Inventory Interaction>Multiple as I wanted an Examine interaction that would open the Crafting Menu, even in the Crafting menu I can't click and drag the items.

I created a new Test Unity project (using AC 1.68.0) and was able to drag inventory items from the menu, when I changed Inventory Interaction>Single to Multiple then the drag behavior stopped. Is that an expected behavior? I did try changing my main game project to Single and I was still unable to drag objects.

When doing the AC update to 1.68.0 for my main project I didn't import the Resources file as I wanted to keep my original SceneManager files. But I did notice that my new Test project had extra options in Settings>Inventory Settings that my main project didn't have such as 'Right Click Active Item'. I assume this difference is due to me not using the new imported Resources file with the 1.68.0 update?

I've only been using AC for a couple of weeks so I'm highly suspect that it's down to user error. Thanks for any help or advice anyone can offer!

Details
Unity 2018.3.6f1
AC 1.68.0

Image Links
AC_Settings
AC_InventoryRadio
AC_Menu

Comments

• Updating links to my settings.
    Menu>Inventory

Inventory>Radio

Settings>Inventory Settings

• Welcome to the community, @duck25dodgers.

I did notice that my new Test project had extra options in Settings>Inventory Settings that my main project didn't have such as 'Right Click Active Item'. I assume this difference is due to me not using the new imported Resources file with the 1.68.0 update?

No, the Resources file just affects which Managers are loaded into your Game window. This doesn't get changed in any AC update, so it's safe (and recommended) to omit this when importing a new version - otherwise you have to re-assign your own Managers, as the Demo game's get assigned instead.

Like much of the fields in the Settings Manager, the Right-click active item setting will be hidden if your other settings do not allow for it. This particular field is dependent on the following:

• Drag and drop Inventory interface? is unchecked
    • Interaction method is set to Context Sensitive, or Inventory interactions is set to Single.

The Drag and drop Inventory interface? option too is dependent on other fields - and your interface settings prevent this from showing, since items can be used on Hotspots as part of an interaction cycle without having to first select the item itself.

To allow drag-dropping, but still make use of the Cycling Cursor And Clicking Hotspot method of interaction, you'll have to uncheck Include Inventory items in Hotspot Interaction cycles?.

Be aware, however, that you can still examine inventory items even if Inventory interactions set set to Single - just define an Examine interaction in it's properties, and you'll be able to trigger it by right-clicking the item. When drag-dropping, you also have the option of examining an item when dropping an item onto itself.

As these settings can get quite overwhelming, if you need more help I think it'd be best for you to describe exactly the kind of interface you're looking to achieve - that way I can give more specific advice about what settings you'd need to set.

• I unchecked Include Inventory items in Hotspot Interaction cycles? and I have the behavior I was looking for, thank you for your help.