Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible Bug with Sound: Play Music

I have an action list which runs every time the player enters a certain room (all rooms are in the same scene so its really just a camera change). In the action list is Sound:Play Music node which triggers a Crossfade music track. This is useful when coming to this room from a room which plays a different music track and works well.

However when coming from a room already playing this music track, upon triggering the action list, I'd say about 30% of the time the track restarts, while 70% of the time it just continually plays through without restarting.

Seems like a bug perhaps since it doesn't always happen?

Could do with an "Ignore if already playing" check box in the Sound:Music node like there is in the Sound:Play node.

Comments

• I shall investigate - what are your AC and Unity version numbers?

Are you queueing or looping the tracks in question?

• Unity version 2018.3.6f1
    AC version v1.66.7

Looping yes, queueing no.

• What if you play them without crossfading?

I cannot recreate any such problem. A check is already in place to prevent a track from restarting if it is already in place. In this scenario, the codeblock in Soundtrack.cs will be executed:

if (queuedSoundtrack.Count > 0 && queuedSoundtrack[0].trackID == trackID)
    {
        // Already playing, ignore
        return 0f;
    }

Try inserting the following before it, to help debug what's going on:

if (queuedSoundtrack.Count > 0) Debug.Log ("Request to play ID: " + trackID + ", Current ID: " + queuedSoundtrack[0].trackID);
    else Debug.Log ("Request to play ID: " + trackID + ", None in queue");

Separately, duplicate the project and upgrade to the latest AC release - does it occur in that as well for you?

• I don't want to be upgrading AC mid project, incase I mess up something on the old one. I have a work around so will do that. I'll replay to this thread when I'm into my next project when I will upgrade AC and let you know if the issue is still there.