Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug with Hotspot labels

I might have found a bug that causes the hotspot label (that follows the cursor) to get stuck as seen here:

How to reproduce:
1. Have an action that runs in background wait for a short time and then run it another action that starts a conversation /dialog options.
2. Before the dialog options appear, mouseover over a hotspot so the label is shown.
3. When the dialog appears, the label doesn't disappear and becomes stuck displaying until we select a dialog option.

Happens with the default menu for hotspot label aswell as a custom Unity Prefab menu.
Opening the pause menu makes it disappear.
I suspect that the label doesn't get turned off when entering conversation state.

The only breaker here is that the label (Unity prefab) blocks raycast on dialog options if we hit screen border and the cursor position moves inside the label.

Comments

• Thanks for the steps - I'll attempt a reproduction.

What are your AC and Unity versions?

• Ah damn, forgot to add that, sorry!
    Unity 2019.1.7f1
    AC v1.68.1

• I can find no issue - the Hotspot label disappears once the Conversation menu turns on.

This is having used the New Game Wizard to create a default set of Managers, using the default Unity UI interface. What changes must be made in addition to the steps above?

• I am not sure I've made any changes to those menus that could cause that. Those are the AC menu settings.
    We've made some minor hacks in the AC code but none in menu and statehandler scripts. I'll get into it and try to find a cause. Which scripts do you suggest I should look into in detail?

• If you revert your Menu's Source to Adventure Creator, what then?

The PlayerMenus script's UpdateMenu function is where menus have their state / position controlled from.

• edited August 2019

Same thing, the label is stuck until any dialog option is clicked or the pause menu is opened and closed. I also tried using menus from the Default menu manager and 2D menu manager aswell, same results.

Looking in the code I found out that in PlayerInteraction.cs, the variable hotspot gets reassigned (ContextSensitiveClick_Process()) when I click the hotspot that triggers the background actionList. It then stays as it it, even after the dialog starts.

If you cannot reproduce this issue the cause for this bug might be a hack from our end. But I checked all relevant scripts and the do not have any hacks in them.

I'll look into it further when I can.