Forum rules - please read before posting.

Direct control player vicinity hotspot activation problem in 2D game

Hi!
So I have a 2D game, where character walks using direct controls. And I want the behavior where if player walks near a hotspot and clicks interaction button that hotspot should activate.
So no item interactions, examine etc.

I have setup Direct control, Hotspot Vicinity activation and interaction mode of Context Sensitive. I added hotspot detector to player with rigidbody2d and circle2d collider. And when I walk near a hotspot I can see the hotspot name show up. Now here is where it gets weird.

If i add examine interaction to hotspot and click InteractionB button then the hotspot is activating and the action is running. If I add use interaction and click InteractionA button, the hotspot name will blink out for a second but the action is not running. Action contents are same as with interaction (Setting object visibility off), and it runs correctly if I open the action in action editor and hit play there.

I also checked that InteractionA input is set correctly. (Renamed it to InteractionB and examine behavior worked). And I checked that my InteractionA/B behaviors are not reversed somehow.

So there is something specifically preventing the use interaction from activating with InteractionA button. Probably some simple setting, but I'm a bit stuck.

Comments

• Strange. What are your AC and Unity version numbers?

The issue sounds unrelated to your movement-style or hotspot detection method. Does it persist if you switch over to "Mouse Over" detection?

That the Hotspot label disappears briefly upon hitting InteractionA suggests that it's at least trying to run the interaction. If you insert an ActionList: Comment Action to the top of the Interaction ActionList, does the message you enter appear in the Console window?

Let's see screenshots of your Settings Manager, Hotspot Inspector, Player Inspector Interaction ActionList. I'll attempt a recreation.