Forum rules - please read before posting.

The disobedient trigger

Hello folks!
I have a problem with a trigger. When the player enters the trigger area, the trigger is supposed to run an actionlist. It does that, but the triggered actionlist behaves in a strange way and I do not know how to fix it.
I made an image to explain the problem properly. When the player enters the trigger zone, everything seems to work fine. The actionlist is triggered, it runs A and then B.
When I choose an option (say the second one) within the conversation, everything stops and normal gameplay continues. When I move out of the trigger zone and back in, the trigger runs again, this time A, C, then it stops. When I leave and enter again, it runs A, D and stops.
Why is that? I thought the trigger would start the actionlist and that's it. Where does that stop-continue thing come from?
I tried different settings for the trigger properties, but the behaviour does not change.

Please help!

Comments

• I cannot recreate such an issue, following your description/screenshot.

What is your AC version, and are you allowing gameplay during conversations?

• edited August 2019

My AC version is 1.68.3. Gameplay during conversation is not allowed. Other triggers work fine.
    It s a relief to see you clueless too :smiley:

Btw: checking wait until finish in the trigger Al does not. Copying the actions into the trigger AL instead of linking to another AL does not help.

• I suspect this is related to the "special case" in the ActionList code when Conversation options are overridden. When this happens, the ActionList pauses/resumes when options are shown/clicked.

Does it work if you uncheck Override options? and rely on separate DialogOption ActionLists for each response? As I cannot recreate the issue, however, I can only guess what the issue might be.

• So, I did quite a lot of testing now and I found the problem, although I still do not understand why it happens.
    It has nothing to do with the trigger. It has something to do with an object: teleport action. I object: teleport the character my hero talks to (kohrt) to a navigation marker. After that is done, the player can start the dialogue. If I do so, the conversation is broken.
    If I do not teleport kohrt, it works.

• Either way, I'll still need to know the effect of unchecking "Override options?".

Can you share steps to recreate the issue?