Forum rules - please read before posting.

Added Scene, now Original Scene no longer running OnStart

edited September 2019 in Technical Q&A

I added a new scene for the EULA at the start.
Set the Basic Structure "with folders". Created a new OnStart Cutscene.
Went into Build Settings and drag this new seen to number 0 so it runs first.
Added a hotspot to click to go to Original game scene where the Menu is.

It goes to the Original Game Scene, but now nothing is running. I tested and I think the OnStart is now not working here. It is still the one listed in the Scene Cutscenes box, but is not running at the start of this scene.

Any idea why this would happen after adding a new scene and how I fix this?

Thanks.

Comments

1. Does the original game scene work as intended if you enter Unity Play mode from this scene?
    2. Does the original game scene's OnStart cutscene work if you run it manually by clicking "Run now" in its Inspector in Play mode?
    3. How are you switching to the original game scene? With the Scene: Switch Action?
    1. No
    2. Yes, and that triggers a setup ActionList for the MainMenu, but its seeming to only run successfully a few of the actions in the list - it plays a sound, changes to a new camera position and does some fade sprite actions, but it doesn't play the music or open the menu, and these nodes come inbetween the others in the list. Also, the I am no longer seeing an output from the camera. I can see the main camera is working in the preview box on the Scene Tab, but it is not displaying on the Cinemachine camera linked to it. It was all working and I haven't changed anything with that setup. I know you don't deal with CineMachine, but the settings for that haven't changed. This problem seems to have arisen since adding a new scene.
    3. Yes
  • Here's another piece of the puzzle regarding the camera. On pressing PLAY to run the game, the main camera's camera component is being switched off. This is before manually pressing RUN on OnStart.

• If OnStart doesn't play when the game begins from this scene, it doesn't sound related to the fact that you've made a new scene - just an issue with the original scene itself.

Try using an ActionList: Comment Action (first testing at the very front) in your OnStart Cutscene to confirm which Actions are actually being run / not run. What is the difference between running the scene vs running the ActionList manually?

I would need to see screenshots of the Cutscene itself if you're having trouble with specific Actions.

How are you integrating Cinemachine? As a GameCamera, or as an alternative to the AC MainCamera? (If it's the latter, the AC MainCamera should be disabled)

If the MainCamera is being disabled, it's either occuring via a custom script or via an Action e.g. Engine: Control Timeline (with Disable AC camera? checked) / Third Party: Cinema Director. Are any such Actions running? Be aware that AC has its own camera track for Timeline, so you can switch between and animate AC GameCameras as an alternative to Cinemachine.

• All fixed. Adding a comment got me looking at the console. Then I saw this message:

"Bypassing regular AC setup because the current scene is the Loading scene"

Then it all made sense. You probably remember I had just added a loading scene. Adding the EULA and reording the scenes now put the main scene to the number I had set for the loading scene in Settings.

Changed the number and all is well again.

Thanks for your help Chris!