Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't play video: "On standalone, this Action is only available in Unity 5 or Unity Pro."

edited September 2019 in Technical Q&A

Hi there. Up until a few minutes ago, all videos played correctly in Unity and in export builds (Engine / Play movie clip / On texture). But suddenly, I got this error: "On standalone, this Action is only available in Unity 5 or Unity Pro." And all my clips no longer play.

In the time period between when it was working and when it stopped working, I installed the free Letterbox asset from the asset store, changed the aspect ratio to fixed in the Adventure Creator Manager, and imported a video clip asset.

Here's a screenshot of the error: https://imgur.com/a/yoVqZHF

I've since uninstalled the Letterbox asset but the issue hasn't been resolved. Let me know what I can do! And thanks.

Comments

• edited September 2019

What are your AC and Unity versions?

I don't know why/if this is related to another asset, but the material method of movie playback (and the use of MovieTexture assets) is being depreated by Unity, so AC is having to follow suit with 2017.2 onwards.

The message you're getting should be changed to reflect this if that matches up with the Unity version you're using. From now on, the Video player component is the way to handle movie playback - and is done in the Action by setting the Play clip field to Video Player.

• I figured out the error! I set the build to WebGL unknowingly. I've reset back to Mac/Windows/Linux and the movie texture works perfectly.

I'm on an older version of AC so that might have been why I couldn't find any solutions. Thank you for your help!