Forum rules - please read before posting.

most recent Unity version successfully tested with AC?

I am curious what the most recent version of unity has anyone tested with the current AC ver 1.69? I understand the stated most current unity version compatible with AC is 2018.2. I am in early stages of a new project and am interested if possible (likely wishful thinking) in using AC with as recent a unity version as possible. In particular, unity's version terrain tools is in preview in unity v 2019.1. Has anyone used AC with unity 2019.1? I've actually installed the most recently released unity 2019.3.0b2. AC installs fine but upon closing and opening the test project, the AC menu and editor is missing.

Comments

• AC should be fine with the most recent stable Unity release, currently 2019.2. Of course, if you do encounter issues - here's where to report them.

As 2019.3 is still in beta, it is not recommended to use it with AC (or any script-based asset, in truth). When you say the "AC menu" goes missing, are you referring to the "Adventure Creator" menu in the top toolbar?

Any non-standard toolbar links such as this will disappear if Unity has a compilation error when opened. Check your Console message for error messages - are any of them coming from AC?

• Thank you Chris for the response, very appreciated. I've decided to fallback and develop my project in 2018.4 LTS. I am new (learning since this year) and have other assets that need to play nice with AC. Seems to be the safest route for now. As an aside, I hope AC will continue to be developed and relevant for as long as possible. I'm no programmer so AC is the best only solution for what I hope to accomplish. Thanks again!

• I'm going to setup AC projects in 2019.2 for the tutorials in go through them again with no other assets other than AC. If I encounter any issues, I'll submit them.