Forum rules - please read before posting.

Setting Parameters

Unity 2018.3.6f1 Personal
AC v1.66.7

I'm not quite getting this.

I have 5 hotspots. Each one triggers a separate interaction when clicked. Each interaction has an ActionList: Run node. All the ActionList: Run nodes link to the same ActionList which hold nodes with Parameters.

I want to set the Parameters in each ActionList: Run node differently, depending on which hotspot is clicked. But AC keeps each ActionList: Run node identical no matter what I set.

What am I missing here?

Comments

• Ok, got it working. The issue was I had the interactions containing the ActionList: Run nodes as components on the Hotspots. I did this to clean up the amount of gameObjects a bit - 2 birds with one stone seemed like a good move, but, no, apparently this is not ok when using parameters. When as separate gameObjects, everything works.

Is AC supposed to be like this or is it a bug?

• How many parameters are involved? To be clear, changing one parameter's value in the ActionList: Run Action on Hotspot A makes the same change to the parameter field on Hotspot B? Or is it that the resultant parameters are always the same only when actually run?

Sounds like a bug, though not necessarily an AC one. I cannot recreate such behaviour.

• "changing one parameter's value in the ActionList: Run Action on Hotspot A makes the same change to the parameter field on Hotspot B?" Yes, that's correct

3 parameters are involved.

• Did you duplicate the Hotspot / Interaction, or make them a prefab? Or copy/paste the Action itself?

It may be that Unity considers them all the same. Try adding new Interaction components to each one, and create new such Actions independently.

• I did copy them yes. I'll try what you suggest if I need to do this again some time.