Forum rules - please read before posting.

BUG: Custom Action Node Issue

Unity 2018.3.6f1 Personal
AC v1.66.7

I'm using this custom action found on the wiki here which works great, however I'm having glitchy issues with the actual Custom Action Node in the ActionList.

This custom action allows me to type a name in a box in the ActionList. Its not consistent but, if I copy paste a name in there, sometimes clicking off the action onto a different Unity window, the box then blanks and the text disappears. It becomes a fiddly process trying to leave the actionlist with the text left in the box.

Sorry, it is inconsistent and doesn't happen everytime when testing. Thought I'd mention it. But does happen about 50% time in my experience.

Comments

• Update. It's not deleteing the text, on clicking off to another Unity window, its adding black space before the text, so I can no longer see the text. If I delete the black space and just leave the text behind, that seems to fix it.

• Another Update: The extra space is coming with the copied text, it's from Steamworks backend, so its just some formatting thing. When I click on another window in Unity the text box just goes to the start and shows that blank space.

So nothing to do with AC at all. Only thing to learn from this is that it might be helpful to have bigger/resizeable input boxes in Custom Actions so you can see what you put in if its on the longer-side.

• How a custom Action displays its UI is down to the custom Action - it's not part of AC.

• Did wonder that, so its in the script eh. thanks.