Forum rules - please read before posting.

Make action List components non-skippable

Not sure if this is a bug or by-design, but experimenting in a playthrough of my game I found that actionlist components are skippable when pressing the EndCutscene button even though there is no tickbox to specify whether it should or should not be.

Comments

• Unity 2018.3.6f1 Personal
    AC v1.66.7

• edited September 2019

There's no tickbox, and ActionLists are skippable by default.

For access to the skippable property, and others, use the provided Cutscene component instead.

• Yeah, is what I've done now. Is there some reading which compares the differences between Interactions, ActionLists and Cutscene components?

• Interactions and Cutscenes are covered in the Manual. The "ActionList" component is not intended to be used directly, hence it's exclusion from the Scene Manager's list of prefabs.

• And just to clarify, if a player hammered the SkipCutscene button while an ActionList component was running, all that would happen is all the actions would run very quickly?

If I'm fine with that happpening, there are no other pitfalls I need to worry about with them being left in the game?

• An ActionList will only respond to the "EndCutscene" input once - if it's already skipping, it'll be ignored.

I'd recommend always checking your ActionLists (all types) for skipping behaviour, but yes - the principle is that all Actions within a list are run instantly.

No pitfalls spring to mind.

• Thank you.

It seems that Interactions have Skippable ticked by default. Are we sure this is the right way to have it, since skipping can be a bug inducer at times and non-skipping cannot? Wouldn't it be safer for a developer to know that none of the Interaction which Pause Gameplay are skippable unless they make them so intentially?

Maybe its just me.

• I'll make the core properties, such as "is skippable", available on the ActionList component in the next release.

• Oh thats good.