Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cursor Not Remaining Locked In Centre

When testing in a First Person game mode, it seems that the system cursor is still active, and allows you to accidentally click outside the game window, even closing Unity if you're unlucky enough to click while hovering over the close button. My cursor is set to display never, and the always show system cursor in editor is not selected.

This is on Windows, using Unity 2018.3.14 latest AC.

Comments

• This is in builds, or just the Editor?

If you're using Software cursor rendering, you'll need to check Lock system cursor when locking AC cursor? in the Cursor Manager to sync the system and AC cursor locking.

• I think it's only in Editor, though I've only tested full-screen builds and therefore the system cursor would never be visible.

I have checked the Lock system cursor when locking AC cursor also. Hardware cursor rendering isn't really an option for me, as it displays the system cursor at all times. With the Software option, the AC cursor stays in the centre (if specified) and will also stay invisible (again, if specified), but the system cursor becomes visible only once it leaves the boundaries of the game window.

I think I should also add that I'm using Rewired.

• I think I should also add that I'm using Rewired.

To what extent? If you disable Rewired temporarily, do things work as they should? It may be that this is overriding the system cursor's display.

Hardware cursor rendering isn't really an option for me, as it displays the system cursor at all times

When should it not? During cutscenes? You can define an "empty" cursor graphic during cutscenes in the Cursor Manager. A hardware cursor should be hidden when locked, provided Hide cursor when locked in screen's centre? is checked - though again, Rewired may be intefering.

• I made a brand new project with just AC, and the issue persists (system cursor always shows in Hardware mode, shows in Software mode when leaving game window and retains editor functionality), so it must just be my Unity or something. I can confirm however, that there is no problem in builds, so I can live with it.