Forum rules - please read before posting.

Resolution change not changing sprites only menus

Unity 2018.3.6f1 Personal
AC v1.66.7

My game is all 2D.

Not sure completely if this is AC related, but using the Unity Launcher to change resolution when testing my game - and this should work out-the-box because it comes with every project in Unity as standard - doesn't quite change the resolution of everything. Switching to 640 x 480, the aspect ratio changes and the Menus are noticably lower res, but all the Sprites in the scene look to still be high res.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Can you share screenshots to elaborate? I'll need something more to go on than it simply "looking" hi res.

If this is affecting non-AC sprites (i.e. background images) as well, then it's certainly down to Unity alone.

• What is an AC sprite?

• I meant as in a character sprite.

• So it is affecting all sprites, not menus. Menus do go pixelated on very low resolution (640 x 480) setting but sprites do not. My sprites are all detailed 2d paintings and it would be easy to see pixelation, its just not happening.

The reason why I posit that it might be AC related is that the Unity Launcher - which is where I set the resolution - should be robust as hell since it is just the standard one which is there by default in every Unity project. So something inbetween, perhaps AC, is stopping sprites from downscaling in resolution.

• Ignore my last post. This is actually working as it should.