Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change State of the Toggle with a different button.

As per my other thread, I have a set of toggles that turn on and off various GUI's.

Each of the toggle has a bunch of Actions that turn on and off various GUI's.
Toggle 1 = turns on GUI A, turns off GUI B and C
Toggle 2 = turns on GUI B, turns off other GUI's
Toggle 3 = turns on GUI C, turns off other GUI's

Because these are in a Toggle group, when one toggle is selected, it not only turns on/off GUI's, but the toggle also gets highlighted, turning off other toggles.

Now, the problem is that I want to be able to turn off (let's say) GUI A via a different button, while it's active - essentially GUI A has an additional "X" button to turn it off. That "X" button has ActionList to turn off the GUI A, but that results in Toggle 1 remaining selected.

I don't see any ways to detect if a toggle is on or off, which would allow my "X" button to close the GUI and also deselect the Toggle. Is there anything that I'm missing or should I rely on a custom script to do this?

Comments

• If GUI A is a separate menu, you could just check it's visibility with Menu: Check state.

To determine if a Toggle is on, read it's isOn property. This can either by the isOn property of Unity's own Toggle component, or AC's Toggle element:

(AC.PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName ("MyMenu", "MyToggle") as MenuToggle).isOn

• Thanks for the tips! I was able to create a script that switches toggles off!
    I've used it on Unity's OnClick function.