Forum rules - please read before posting.

Options Menu

2»

Comments

• It should do - see the 3D Demo.

Try assigning your Menu Manager as Demo_MenuManager, so that you can make use of the 3D Demo's UI temporarily. Does that work? If so, it must be down to some difference with your own - in which case, you'll need to share details about how exactly you've set things up.

• edited February 2020

Indeed, there is a checkmark "Update while fading out" that solves this problem in Unity Editor, but does not work in the build.

I also encountered a problem that the hotspots stopped working in the build, in Editor everything works, but not in the build.

Unity 2019.2.14, AC 1.70.1In the previous version of AC worked, but maybe it's not related to this

P.S. Ha, with a hotspot the problem is only in one scene, although before that everything worked. Unclear.

• Indeed, there is a checkmark "Update while fading out" that solves this problem in Unity Editor, but does not work in the build.

At no point in your gif is the Menu fading out. I'm not clear how this has an effec t on things.

Please share details of the results with comparing the 3D Demo's Menu Manager, and any differences in the way you've set things up.

with a hotspot the problem is only in one scene, although before that everything worked. Unclear.

Please open a new thread with more information - there's no detail here for me to work with. Make sure that the scene's perspective isn't being overridden (it'll say if so at the top of the Scene Manager), and enable the AC Status box via the bottom of the Settings Manager to learn that game's current state. Is this an issue when starting the game from this scene, or when accessing it from another, or both?

• Indeed, many problems remain after the transition from other scenes. And I noticed that the problem with Hotspot is connected with several more. For example, the loss of subtitles and InGame menu after exiting the settings menu. I saw that for some reason Menus do not start, or may turn on, but not immediately or not be displayed.

I also compared my settings with the demo, and did not see anything that would affect it. They differ, but this is about the individuality of the project. I uploaded them to Google Disk, maybe I missed something.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fMGrXEiF7jpDOYEQ-PH6k_UwHKBlO-T_

• edited February 2020

Nothing shows - the Font assets are missing.

Please try again with Fonts, any ActionLists related to the Menus, and a sample scene - as well as clear descripions of the issues, along with steps to recreate them.

Please also be more forthcoming with results of switching to the demo - did things work correctly then?

• I managed to defeat this problem, it was that I had a number of settings called through ActionList with the selected setting "Pause Gameplay". And this bug got out only on the second and more loaded scene.

• edited February 2020

On this the biggest bugs related to AC ended. There was only a problem with saving the screen for saving. After I expanded the button to the entire area, the screenshot became saved once. And if in Editor it works through time, then in build not working.

P.S. Chris, tell me your full name, I want to indicate you in the credits.

• edited February 2020

Thanks, that'd be appreciated. It's on the front page of the Manual.

• Chris

Tell me how you can change the standard language of the game?

We have two languages in the game, Russian and English. And since the standard language is Russian, the first time it starts, it is selected, how can we swap it?

• You can set default options settings - including the language index - at the bottom of the Settings Manager.

If English is the second language (the first translation), this would have a language index value of 1.

• Hi, Chris

Faced with the problem that our game freezes while using the standard AC autosave. Can you tell me what this may be connected with and how to solve it?

And is it possible through a standard dialogue system AC output replicas of two characters, roughly speaking, do we need to have the current and previous replicas on the screen at the same time?

And the same thing to do with replicas of choice, so that we have a question on the screen and here are the options?

• Faced with the problem that our game freezes while using the standard AC autosave. Can you tell me what this may be connected with and how to solve it?

In a new thread: what AC version, and what exactly is the "freezing" behaviour? How and when are you autosaving? I need steps to be able to recreate the issue - the more details you can share, the more readily I can do so.

And is it possible through a standard dialogue system AC output replicas of two characters, roughly speaking, do we need to have the current and previous replicas on the screen at the same time?

Are you referring to dialogue portraits embedded in a Menu? If so, see a recent discussion on this here.

And the same thing to do with replicas of choice, so that we have a question on the screen and here are the options?

I do not understand your meaning. Please elaborate on this in a new thread.

• In a new thread: what AC version, and what exactly is the "freezing" behaviour? How and when are you autosaving? I need steps to be able to recreate the issue - the more details you can share, the more readily I can do so.

I'am use AC version 1.70.4. This method is used to save:

And at the time of saving, there is a sagging FPS, some players even complained about the crash of the game

Are you referring to dialogue portraits embedded in a Menu? If so, see a recent discussion on this here.

No, I'm not interested in portraits, but in two characters at the same time

As well as the simultaneous conclusion of the question and answer options for it

I also raised the question about playing a similar audio effect in dialogs (typing sound), but unfortunately I was not able to play it through Audio Source not more so through FMOD. Perhaps its implementation is shown in some kind of demo project, where you can clearly see it?

• Chris

Tell me one more thing, in a new project I decided to use the system Ink (https://inklestudios.com/ink/) for working with dialogs, Is it possible to somehow pull the text from Ink for localization?

• edited May 2020

Please use separate threads to ask separate questions - it makes it much easier to give answers and discuss where necessary.

This method is used to save:

That Action will load an autosave - not save the game. But depending on how complex your game/scene is, the saving process may indeed take a few moments to complete - I don't advise doing so from a Trigger during gameplay if you can avoid it.

I'm not interested in portraits, but in two characters at the same time

What issue specifically are you having about character graphics if not portraits? Whether a character is speaking or not will not affect their position on-screen.

as well as the simultaneous conclusion of the question and answer options for it

How long do you want each to display for?

If Duplicate for each line? is checked in your Subtitle menu, then each speech line has its own separate subtitle menu - which is displayed independently of any other. You can also create a separate Subtitle menu for different characters, if necessary.

You can insert the [hold] tag to display a subtitle line on-screen indefinitely - see the Manual's "Text tokens" chapter for more on this topic.

I also raised the question about playing a similar audio effect in dialogs (typing sound), but unfortunately I was not able to play it through Audio Source not more so through FMOD. Perhaps its implementation is shown in some kind of demo project, where you can clearly see it?

What am I to understand from this video? Audio sounds like its working, but I don't know what method you're using, or what issue you're having.

Is it possible to somehow pull the text from Ink for localization?

A user-led discussion on an AC/Ink integration can be found here.