Forum rules - please read before posting.

Parameter Boolean Problem

I set up a bool parameter in an actionlist prefab. When I call that actionlist from a scene actionlist the bool is set to 'false' by default, but appears to be returning 'true' unless I explicitly set it to 'false'.

Unity 2019 2.6f1
AC 1.69.2

Comments

• Do you mean "ActionList asset" instead of "ActionList prefab"? Apologies for sounding pedantic, but this is an important difference.

By "explicity setting it to false", you mean with the ActionList: Set parameter Action?

I can't recreate such behaviour. Please share some screenshots so that I can follow more exactly.

• Sorry I mean Actionlist asset, the one saved in the project menu rather than the scene.
    I have a trigger in a scene which runs the ActionList asset and sets a bool parameter, by default it is false, however it will actually return true unless I click on the dropdown box and set it to false.

image: https://ibb.co/Yp8bsmj

• Do you mean that if you uncheck Set parameters? in the ActionList: Run Action, the bool parameter is set to True?

by default it is false

How is being set to false "by default"? Screenshots of the ActionList asset are welcome.

• edited October 2019

No I mean that if I check Set parameters and don't touch the bool parameter dropdown box for 'RetainSounds' it will display 'false' by default, however it appears to be calling 'true' unless I actually click on the dropdown box and specifically set it to 'false'. I've tested it on 3 scenes with the same result. However, it only seems to apply to older scene actionlists from previous versions of AC, if I create a new Actionlist: Run command then that unchanged default setting works.

• Thanks for the clarification.

By "older scene ActionLists", are you referring to the ActionList that has the parameters, or the one that has the ActionList: Run Action? I appreciate this may be difficult to know, but are you aware of roughly which older AC version we're talking about?

That this happens with previously-created ActionLists is likely the reason I haven't been able to recreate. I think I'll need you to send me a test scene / asset files that clearly demonstrate the issue in order to be able to reliably experience it.