Forum rules - please read before posting.

InGame Menu as part of Inventory Bar? Either adjacent to or as an item

Hi all,

If I wanted to include the game's Main Menu/Pause button (AC's default In-Game "Menu") as a fixture of the inventory bar, like in this screenshot from Unavowed, what's the best way to do this?

https://imgur.com/ymaGix9

I imagine I could align the Pause Menu to the right of the Inventory and have an invisible menu the size of the inventory bar that causes both to appear on Mouse Over. Is that too hacky?

In this game, it looks like there are some permanent buttons in inventory slots, which could also work.

https://imgur.com/PUnZZUH

Has anyone figured out any new solutions to 'assign' an inventory item to a specific slot? E.g. if I wanted the menu-inventory-icon to appear in the right-most slot?

I think this discussion may also be helpful.

Thanks!

Comments

• What exactly are you trying to achieve in terms of behaviour? Hover over the InGame Menu to bring up the Inventory menu?

If you're just looking to have both side-by-side, you can just have your Inventory menu include a Button that opens up the Pause menu - no need for separate menus or having inventory items act like buttons.

Select the InGame Menu's MenuButton element and copy it, then select the Inventory menu and paste it in. If this is an AC menu, re-arrange the elements so that this button is at the top, and then adjust the sizes/positions of the elements to suit.

• edited October 2019

This is exactly what I wanted, thanks! Much simpler.

For clarity for anyone else interested - I wanted the InGame Menu to be 'part' of my Inventory, which appears on Mouse Over, for a minimal UI design.

So when I Mouse Over the Inventory, it brings up the Inventory and on the right side of the inventory is the Menu Button, to save or quit or adjust options.

To move it to the right side of the inventory bar I changed the MenuButton element's Position to relative to menu size and adjusted the X value.