Forum rules - please read before posting.

Save Game issue (Cannot save at this time)

Hi, I am getting this warning whenever I try to save the game in one of my Scenes:

"Cannot save at this time - either blocking ActionLists, a Conversation is active, or saving has been manually locked."

I have a separate Hotspot that's only responsible for saving my game and during the interactions with that Hotspot, no ActionList is blocking the game (as AC Status shows).

The saving ActionList itself is pretty simple; it checks the number of saves and then sets my SaveSlotIndex variable and finally overwrites to that slot index.

Ps, I didn't manually lock the saving anywhere so I don't know why am I getting this warning.
The strange thing is that I am having this issue only in one of my Scenes which has made the situation more confusing.

Any clue where should I look for the reason of this problem?

Comments

• I shall see about adding more details to this message, to aid with such a situation.

If it's not locked or in a Conversation, then it's likely coming from an ActionList. If you open up the ActionListManager script inside /AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers, find the IsGameplayBlocked function (around line 256) and replace it with the following:

public bool IsGameplayBlocked (Action _actionToIgnore = null)
    {
        if (KickStarter.stateHandler.IsInScriptedCutscene ())
        {
            Debug.LogWarning ("Can't save - in a scripted cutscene");
            return true;
        }

foreach (ActiveList activeList in activeLists)
        {
            if (activeList.actionList.actionListType == ActionListType.PauseGameplay && activeList.IsRunning ())
            {
                if (_actionToIgnore != null)
                {
                    if (activeList.actionList.actions.Contains (_actionToIgnore))
                    {
                        continue;
                    }
                }
                Debug.LogWarning ("Can't save - " + activeList.actionList + " is blocking", activeList.actionList);
                return true;
            }
        }

foreach (ActiveList activeList in KickStarter.actionListAssetManager.activeLists)
        {
            if (activeList.actionList != null && activeList.actionList.actionListType == ActionListType.PauseGameplay && activeList.IsRunning ())
            {
                if (_actionToIgnore != null)
                {
                    if (activeList.actionList.actions.Contains (_actionToIgnore))
                    {
                        continue;
                    }
                }
                Debug.LogWarning ("Can't save - " + activeList.actionList + " is blocking", activeList.actionList);
                return true;
            }
        }

return false;
    }

That should tell you which ActionList specifically is causing the issue, if there is one.

• Thanks Chris, I did as you said and realized It was the saving ActionList itself blocking the gameplay. I set it as "run in background" and the problem got solved.
    Thank you :)