Forum rules - please read before posting.

No hotspot label override on GUI buttons when using controller.

Hi,

I've set up one of the GUI's in my game to use Hotspot label override so that when you hover over the button, the hotspot label would show up. This works perfectly fine when I use the Mouse and Keyboard input, but when changed to Keyboard or Controller then the hotspot labels don't show over the GUI buttons. All other hotspots work as expected when using controller though.

Hotspot detection method is set to: Mouse Over and appear type to Follow Cursor.

Hotspot GUI is a Unity prefab and it's linked to AC Menus.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Unity: 2018.2.18f1
AC: 1.68.4

Comments

• edited October 2019

The Hotspot menu may be linked to Unity UI, but what about the GUI with the "Hotspot label override"? And where does this menu appear in the Menu Manager's list of Menus, relative to the Hotspot menu?

Are you navigating the menu directly, is the keyboard/controller moving a simulated cursor?

Let's see some screenshots of this Menu's properties, as well as that of your Settings Manager.

• edited October 2019

The GUI with the "Hotspot label override" is also a Unity prefab.

In Menu Manager, list of Menus, the GUI with Hotspot label comes first, and then the Hotspot GUI. I realised that when in "Mouse and Keyboard" input, everything is working fine, but when in "Keyboard or Controller" input, then I can't even see the hotspot GUI appearing at all in the Hierarchy during gameplay.

Here are the screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/UmMq2GO

I'm not navigating the menu directly. I think it's the simulated cursor.

• Check Auto-select valid UI raycasts? at the top of the Menu Manager.

• Ahh, no luck. The Hotspot GUI still doesn't show up when using controller.

• edited October 2019

What if the Hotspot menu is rendered with AC?

I'm assuming it turns on correctly at other times, i.e. when Hotspots are selected. You're not in a Cutscene due to a blocking ActionList running at the same time?

• edited October 2019

Very interesting thing happened now!

I tried changing the Hotspot GUI to AC and it didn't work as expected (with no Auto-select valid UI raycasts? selected). The same thing happened as before: hotspot works everywhere but not on the GUI buttons when using controller.

However, I then tried selecting Auto-select valid UI raycast? again, but with the AC menu and it worked!

Strangest thing, I switched the Hotspot GUI back to my Unity Prefab and now it works as it should!

I honestly have no idea how or why this is the case.

Also, tested the game with Show AC Status box in the Settings to make sure no ActionList is blocking the gameplay and it wasn't.